The Red, White, and Blue

The Red, White, and Blue
God Bless America

Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2008

Real change in November?

Hey all, political conversations are on overload now that we have the two candidates. Well not exactly official, but I’m sure they’ll be the one’s running. I don’t care for either candidate, but what change does Barack Obama really bring?
Everyone has recognized how in most of his speeches Senator Obama has often suggested that life will be better when Uncle Sam takes care of you. Uncle Sam can do according to Mr. Obama anything from cure your illnesses, make sure you are never unemployed, and restore our image around the world. He made references to all these “changes” in his acceptance speech in MN. We have finally found a consistent characteristic in his campaign.
According to the Congressional Research Service Obama has voted on 1231 votes since January 2005. He continues to promise the expansion of government which matches the 131 bills he has sponsored. I wonder how radical those bills must be when 118 of them don’t even make it out of committee. He has also cosponsored 619 bills during this time as well. Come on Uncle Sam fix all my problems.
I find the idea that government can fix all my problems a giant mistake. We have individual freedoms for a reason. If the government can stay away from my affair as much as possible I am a happy man. They should play a vital role in the enforcement of some laws, but they don’t need to nanny sit all Americans. How do you feel about the idea of an expanding government? Do you want the government to control your life as some propose? I know that my sarcasm is quite apparent, but if people don’t object it can happen. It already does exist to a certain extent. James.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, by now Obama is President or will be in January!!
My husband and I are reading a book by Jerome Corsi called the Obama nation and it is very interesting if any one wishes to read it.

I'll probably comment more but I wish to see if this works.